Technical animal fat or Inedible Tallow is used mainly for soap making as well as in the tanning industry for fattening leathers to give them flexibility, water resistance and higher tensile strength and rubbing. In textile manufacturing fats are used for lubricating wool before spinning and carding. In the metal industry Inedible Tallow is consumed in special emulsions producing.
Technical fats are derived by rendering inedible crude fat. Technical fats melting point varies from 40 to 45 ° C.
Raw material for technical fats is all kinds of non-food parts of carcasses and waste from the food industry:
- The bodies and parts of carcasses rejected by veterinary supervision, as unfit for food for sanitary reasons, or so-called confiscated (organs and parts, and is not affected by invasive ostroinfektsionnymi diseases);
- the organs and parts of carcasses that have low nutritional value (aorta, trachea, unfit for human gut, fibrin, ears, letoshka, eyeballs);
- waste of food production (the fat from grease traps, small meat and fat trimming and cleaning, etc.);
- sexual organs and embryos;
- the bodies of dead animals.
Depending on the type of raw material and the method of obtaining Inedible Tallow is divided in beef, lamb, pork, bone and mixed and in 1, 2 and 3 classes.
Delivery all over the territory of Ukraine on CPT-buyer's warehouse conditions (INCOTERMS 2010).